Origin
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Origin MMORPG

HomeHomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Timer
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» S.U.N. - Soul Ultimate Nation. CB July 27 - August 10
[OBT] China Forsaken World - complete guide HOW TO + english patch! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 6:12 pm by Aplex

» RIFT: who is gonna play it?
[OBT] China Forsaken World - complete guide HOW TO + english patch! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 1:54 am by accerd

» This game...?
[OBT] China Forsaken World - complete guide HOW TO + english patch! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 9:15 am by BuffMePlz

» Origin Forsaken World Application
[OBT] China Forsaken World - complete guide HOW TO + english patch! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 10:58 am by missl

» Mmmm Hello guys 200% competitive?
[OBT] China Forsaken World - complete guide HOW TO + english patch! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 12:37 am by Caprical

» Some info for you guys
[OBT] China Forsaken World - complete guide HOW TO + english patch! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 10:28 am by atmos

» What's happening?
[OBT] China Forsaken World - complete guide HOW TO + english patch! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 10:50 pm by Caprical

» Loong Online
[OBT] China Forsaken World - complete guide HOW TO + english patch! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 5:24 am by atmos

» More Invites to FW sent
[OBT] China Forsaken World - complete guide HOW TO + english patch! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 7:34 pm by Chocolate

Statistics
We have 291 registered users
The newest registered user is visjulp

Our users have posted a total of 705 messages in 182 subjects

[OBT] China Forsaken World - complete guide HOW TO + english patch!

Go down 
+12
CrimCrum
midfive
Veenic
darcwolf
Aplex
atmos
Caprical
Shinohara
GIJOE
Alyx
BuffMePlz
Xeer
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
atmos

atmos

[OBT] China Forsaken World - complete guide HOW TO + english patch! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [OBT] China Forsaken World - complete guide HOW TO + english patch!   [OBT] China Forsaken World - complete guide HOW TO + english patch! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 10:05 am

i got the game from Xeer's link i updated it , put the english patch and started with Patcher from fw.cn folder (main folder where the game is instaled) and it worked , i didnt put any other patch over and i didnt start the game with game.exe from the update folder
Back to top Go down
Xeer

[OBT] China Forsaken World - complete guide HOW TO + english patch! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [OBT] China Forsaken World - complete guide HOW TO + english patch!   [OBT] China Forsaken World - complete guide HOW TO + english patch! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 4:48 pm

no more need to find out server where we are!! download this and place it in ur instalation folder!

>>>patched server list<<<<
Back to top Go down
Xeer

PostSubject: Re: [OBT] China Forsaken World - complete guide HOW TO + english patch!   [OBT] China Forsaken World - complete guide HOW TO + english patch! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 6:59 am

here is official patch to 8.14 chinese version, for those who can't download it from their site:

http://www.multiupload.com/069V19WYJN

here is english patch for 8.14:

http://www.multiupload.com/7NG6GF7Q88

my new surfaces for lastest patch 8.14:
http://www.multiupload.com/H5DY2V6RUJ

btw for quest marks over NPC heads .....go to region and language -> language for non-unicode programs -> change it into Chinese (Simplified, PRC)

check this also
http://fwchina.8forum.biz/guides-f2/download-register-installation-english-patch-t3.htm
Back to top Go down
darcwolf

PostSubject: Re: [OBT] China Forsaken World - complete guide HOW TO + english patch!   [OBT] China Forsaken World - complete guide HOW TO + english patch! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 12:40 am

The english patch breaks the game with the newest update, you get to a loading screen like its about to enter the game, but it just stays there, even though you can hit buttons and hear stuff in the game happening. I've tried it on 2 pcs now, then tried it without english patch, and it worked fine.
Back to top Go down
GIJOE

PostSubject: Re: [OBT] China Forsaken World - complete guide HOW TO + english patch!   [OBT] China Forsaken World - complete guide HOW TO + english patch! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 4:59 am

darcwolf wrote:
The english patch breaks the game with the newest update, you get to a loading screen like its about to enter the game, but it just stays there, even though you can hit buttons and hear stuff in the game happening. I've tried it on 2 pcs now, then tried it without english patch, and it worked fine.

Here is the latest English Patch:

http://www.onrpg.com/boards/2411312-post921.html

you need to update the game first before you install the patch

The english patch is split into different parts, so you can't just extract everything into the FW China folder, you have to replace the contents of each folder manually.

I have a guide to the chinese client so you are making sure your updating correctly
https://origin.4umer.com/general-discussion-f22/chinese-client-guide-t195.htm

Also once you have installed the english patch in its respected folders, when you play open the game, dont go through patcher, use the game.exe file
FW - Update - Game.exe

Hope this helps
Back to top Go down
Veenic

PostSubject: Cant see character   [OBT] China Forsaken World - complete guide HOW TO + english patch! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 10:06 pm

Hi i did everything you said in the forum and i can login the game and create character but when i click start to get in the game and it said it is loading and show same background when i created character.

I can only hear the voice and when i press B,P,C i can hear the voice when i open too but the screen still showing same background.

I dont know why so please help me ! Sad
Back to top Go down
midfive

PostSubject: Re: [OBT] China Forsaken World - complete guide HOW TO + english patch!   [OBT] China Forsaken World - complete guide HOW TO + english patch! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 10:09 pm

Im wondering how you downloaded the 8.9 patch from any of these links posted on here, all i get are 404 gateways..... following the guide exactly till that point, and im getting way more options than was listed here, and cause i cant read moonspeak, i have no idea what im clicking, so i really hope i dont fk it up somehow >.>
Back to top Go down
GIJOE

PostSubject: Re: [OBT] China Forsaken World - complete guide HOW TO + english patch!   [OBT] China Forsaken World - complete guide HOW TO + english patch! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 1:15 am

midfive wrote:
Im wondering how you downloaded the 8.9 patch from any of these links posted on here, all i get are 404 gateways..... following the guide exactly till that point, and im getting way more options than was listed here, and cause i cant read moonspeak, i have no idea what im clicking, so i really hope i dont fk it up somehow >.>

we're past th 8.9 patch now, so that's probably why it isn't working
try the 8.16 patch

latest patch 8.16:
http://download301.wanmei.com/shenmo/pem_0.8.0-0.8.16.exe

latest English Patch:
http://www.onrpg.com/boards/2411312-post921.html

you need to update the game first before you install the patch

The english patch is split into different parts, so you can't just extract everything into the FW China folder, you have to replace the contents of each folder manually.

I have a guide to the chinese client so you are making sure your updating correctly
https://origin.4umer.com/general-discussion-f22/chinese-client-guide-t195.htm

Also once you have installed the english patch in its respected folders, when you play open the game, dont go through patcher, use the game.exe file
FW - Update - Game.exe

Hope this helps
Back to top Go down
GIJOE

PostSubject: Re: [OBT] China Forsaken World - complete guide HOW TO + english patch!   [OBT] China Forsaken World - complete guide HOW TO + english patch! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 1:22 am

Veenic wrote:
Hi i did everything you said in the forum and i can login the game and create character but when i click start to get in the game and it said it is loading and show same background when i created character.

I can only hear the voice and when i press B,P,C i can hear the voice when i open too but the screen still showing same background.

I dont know why so please help me ! Sad

either your virus scanner has blocked the game or you don't have an updated english patch

http://www.multiupload.com/GNBUF0XQLJ -> latest english patch

http://www.mediafire.com/?tgn8fzboonsoej5 -> fixed party window

http://www.multiupload.com/WOCYHJFHXS -> translated maps

http://www.mediafire.com/?d8oorimssve73ih -> file to translate scrolls, letters, achievements etc. (goes to FW\resources\help\book.pck)

There's also 1 folder called 'maps' in the older patch (v4) that translates npc names in the 'npc search' option but you would need to download whole old patch for that which is here http://www.multiupload.com/FAMQGPLWMF (the old patch also contains a folder called 'skins' which translates the launcher. Sooo if you download this old patch, use only those 2 folders nothing else.)

personally npc search option isn't really necessary since you have links to them in your find quests and quest info

Back to top Go down
Veenic

PostSubject: Re: [OBT] China Forsaken World - complete guide HOW TO + english patch!   [OBT] China Forsaken World - complete guide HOW TO + english patch! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 8:15 am

what sever are you guys play on ?

every sever name is chinese without 1 sever nam ragequit somthing

where is you guys play on please tell me
Back to top Go down
Veenic

PostSubject: Re: [OBT] China Forsaken World - complete guide HOW TO + english patch!   [OBT] China Forsaken World - complete guide HOW TO + english patch! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 8:36 am

Or you guys in region: RageQuit ---->>> RageQuit again ?
Back to top Go down
Aplex
Admin
Aplex

PostSubject: Re: [OBT] China Forsaken World - complete guide HOW TO + english patch!   [OBT] China Forsaken World - complete guide HOW TO + english patch! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 1:50 pm

If you are wondering about the CN version, then in the chinese letters but has like a "Square in a Square" in one of the alphabets. Its like only one of them.
Back to top Go down
https://origin.4umer.com
GIJOE

PostSubject: Re: [OBT] China Forsaken World - complete guide HOW TO + english patch!   [OBT] China Forsaken World - complete guide HOW TO + english patch! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 9:39 pm

we are not affliated with rage quit.
I guess right now we're swinging solo with 2 warriors not talking to eachother on this server
[OBT] China Forsaken World - complete guide HOW TO + english patch! - Page 2 Dcelps

Although aplex i have taken a strong interest in the priest class that we'd be able to get some good instance runs and guides up.

The most english that is understood on our server is OK, GO and BOSS
you might be better off at the ragequit server.
Back to top Go down
midfive

PostSubject: Re: [OBT] China Forsaken World - complete guide HOW TO + english patch!   [OBT] China Forsaken World - complete guide HOW TO + english patch! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 9:51 pm

well that explains alot. Sucks to know this now tho, cause i uninstalled the game after looking at how long ago these guides were posted, i assumed no one was keeping the english patch up to date, and i noticed most u guys got into cb2..... now i gotta download the game again, which took like 32 hours last time *sigh*

EDIT: Is there a working link anywhere that will let me download the entire client, instead of just downloading smdl_ob_20101016_0.8.0, then having it download the 2.91gigs with its crap DL speeds?
Back to top Go down
GIJOE

PostSubject: Re: [OBT] China Forsaken World - complete guide HOW TO + english patch!   [OBT] China Forsaken World - complete guide HOW TO + english patch! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 9:57 pm

There was a torrent for it, but it's now down.
Maybe you might be able to find a torrent for it.
but yea it take a while to download, are you sure you deleted the file you downloaded, maybe you can still recover it in your trash bin.
well 30 hours over 3 - 4 months. you better off downloading it
Back to top Go down
CrimCrum

PostSubject: Re: [OBT] China Forsaken World - complete guide HOW TO + english patch!   [OBT] China Forsaken World - complete guide HOW TO + english patch! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 10:11 pm

Didnt get into CB2 so, and noticed a comment about CN ob on official forums, searched, and stumbled here. Thanks for the info.

Registered to help ppl with the slow download speed.

Flashget download manager, allows 10x connections to a file, so i was getting the chinese client at about 30-60kb (eww too long).

There is Flashget Hack, which allows files be dl'd by 30x connections. Ended up getting the client @ 250kb.

Still not too great, but made it take hours + hours off.

Anyways, figured id reg and share, thanks again for the info.
Back to top Go down
midfive

PostSubject: Re: [OBT] China Forsaken World - complete guide HOW TO + english patch!   [OBT] China Forsaken World - complete guide HOW TO + english patch! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 10:28 pm

CrimCrum wrote:
Didnt get into CB2 so, and noticed a comment about CN ob on official forums, searched, and stumbled here. Thanks for the info.

Registered to help ppl with the slow download speed.

Flashget download manager, allows 10x connections to a file, so i was getting the chinese client at about 30-60kb (eww too long).

There is Flashget Hack, which allows files be dl'd by 30x connections. Ended up getting the client @ 250kb.

Still not too great, but made it take hours + hours off.

Anyways, figured id reg and share, thanks again for the info.

I dont understand how you can use flashget on the FW client downloader. I can understand if you use it to download the file itself, but using it on a program that was designed to do nothing but download? Please explain to me how you do that?

And i deleted/uninstalled everything except the smdl_ob_20101016_0.8.0, which is the 4mb file that downloads the client for you.
Back to top Go down
CrimCrum

PostSubject: Re: [OBT] China Forsaken World - complete guide HOW TO + english patch!   [OBT] China Forsaken World - complete guide HOW TO + english patch! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 10:46 pm

midfive wrote:

I dont understand how you can use flashget on the FW client downloader. I can understand if you use it to download the file itself, but using it on a program that was designed to do nothing but download? Please explain to me how you do that?

And i deleted/uninstalled everything except the smdl_ob_20101016_0.8.0, which is the 4mb file that downloads the client for you.

In the first post, i went to the link, http://shenmo.wanmei.com/download/

on there, its two buttons, purple (the one you have i think), and red (it says HTTP on it).

The HTTP is the link right to the smdl-something.zip

I right click the http button, copy short cut, and paste into flashget.
10x connections = kinda slow, 30x connections was pretty good though.

If you google "Flashget hack", youll find the little file that makes flashget use 30x connections.

GL Smile
Back to top Go down
midfive

PostSubject: Re: [OBT] China Forsaken World - complete guide HOW TO + english patch!   [OBT] China Forsaken World - complete guide HOW TO + english patch! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 10:51 pm

ah that makes sense lol thanks, ill try that now
Back to top Go down
midfive

PostSubject: Re: [OBT] China Forsaken World - complete guide HOW TO + english patch!   [OBT] China Forsaken World - complete guide HOW TO + english patch! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 1:24 am

well i got it all working and im currently playing on the ragequit server, but i see zero people who speak english. should i just reroll on your guys server?
Back to top Go down
Veenic

PostSubject: Re: [OBT] China Forsaken World - complete guide HOW TO + english patch!   [OBT] China Forsaken World - complete guide HOW TO + english patch! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 7:15 pm

But what is the name of your character you currently playing right now ? GIJOE
Because i want to be friend with you guys

My name is Screner
Back to top Go down
GIJOE

PostSubject: Re: [OBT] China Forsaken World - complete guide HOW TO + english patch!   [OBT] China Forsaken World - complete guide HOW TO + english patch! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 8:00 pm

I'm GIJ0E with a zero
Power is Strength
3 are in cb2
Everyone else is waiting for obt because they can't figure out how to get the game running
Back to top Go down
midfive

PostSubject: Re: [OBT] China Forsaken World - complete guide HOW TO + english patch!   [OBT] China Forsaken World - complete guide HOW TO + english patch! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 8:15 pm

is there any way to get the orgional server.lua file? i downloaded the one xeer linked in https://origin.4umer.com/general-discussion-f22/forsaken-world-cn-ign-s-and-servers-t197.htm#644 thread, and since then, ive been getting HUUUUGE lag spikes, like 5-10 minute spikes, every like 3 minutes, the game is unplayable for me now :/
Back to top Go down
CrimCrum

PostSubject: Re: [OBT] China Forsaken World - complete guide HOW TO + english patch!   [OBT] China Forsaken World - complete guide HOW TO + english patch! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 10:26 pm

Go here, at bottom of the page someone links to original servers.lua file.
http://www.onrpg.com/boards/167418-113/#post2418064

Also, for the people having problems, this site has streamlined instructions.
I got all the files from here, but i got that server lua file elsewhere.

I used the instructions here, and the instructions @
http://activa.aika.xooit.com/t339-Forsaken-World-CN.htm

My Frankenstein instructions using both sites i did this:

1 - DL the client (flashget + flashget hack 30x)
2 - install to english named folder
3 - Start patcher and wait until you finish updating
4 - Extract the English Patch V4 in your FW CN folder (replace all folder).
5 - Extract the Latest English Patch in your FW CN folder (replace all folder).
6 - Into the FW CN\resources\ folder, replace the old interfaces.pck
7 - Into the FW CN\resources\ folder, replace the old surfaces.rar
8 - Into the FW CN\resources\help\ folder, replace book.pck
(here replace the servers.lua if you want to, backup original)
9 - run game from game.exe (inside FW CN\update folder)

these steps worked for me, game updated to like 8.19 i think, lvl 10 bard on ragequit server
Back to top Go down
midfive

PostSubject: Re: [OBT] China Forsaken World - complete guide HOW TO + english patch!   [OBT] China Forsaken World - complete guide HOW TO + english patch! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 11:05 pm

CrimCrum wrote:
Go here, at bottom of the page someone links to original servers.lua file.
http://www.onrpg.com/boards/167418-113/#post2418064

Also, for the people having problems, this site has streamlined instructions.
I got all the files from here, but i got that server lua file elsewhere.

I used the instructions here, and the instructions @
http://activa.aika.xooit.com/t339-Forsaken-World-CN.htm

My Frankenstein instructions using both sites i did this:

1 - DL the client (flashget + flashget hack 30x)
2 - install to english named folder
3 - Start patcher and wait until you finish updating
4 - Extract the English Patch V4 in your FW CN folder (replace all folder).
5 - Extract the Latest English Patch in your FW CN folder (replace all folder).
6 - Into the FW CN\resources\ folder, replace the old interfaces.pck
7 - Into the FW CN\resources\ folder, replace the old surfaces.rar
8 - Into the FW CN\resources\help\ folder, replace book.pck
(here replace the servers.lua if you want to, backup original)
9 - run game from game.exe (inside FW CN\update folder)

these steps worked for me, game updated to like 8.19 i think, lvl 10 bard on ragequit server

whats your IGN? i got a protector on the RQ server, name is CandleJa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [OBT] China Forsaken World - complete guide HOW TO + english patch!   [OBT] China Forsaken World - complete guide HOW TO + english patch! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[OBT] China Forsaken World - complete guide HOW TO + english patch!
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next